The What, The Purpose, and The Intended Outcomes:
The Cohort Integration Sessions (CIMs) are designed as a series of uniquely integrative meetings that serve to provide a resource and support process for each man’s experience of what he learned in the component Phases I and II of AMP. Through these meetings, men can experience the following benefits:
- Build enriching connections with each other by sharing/processing content from their experiential AMP work together.
- Review, reflect, reconsider, and develop deeper embodied understanding of the AMP teachings.
- Develop sharpened abilities to reap deeper rewards from take home efforts after Phase meetings.
- Learning from the answers and questions / reflections provided by other men who also grapple with their own experience of the AMP teachings.
- Experiencing an enduring sense of shared camaraderie, group belonging, and solidarity.
Value of Small Group Meeting Process
Group sharing helps people connect in meaningful ways around common life stories. It provides attention, support, validation, and opportunities for compassion and empathy. It is a way to move beyond false independence which often leads to isolation, pain, and loneliness for men.
The Ten Values Supporting the AMP Curriculum and CIMs:
- Responsive compassion
- Engaged vulnerability
- Active involvement
These CIMs are completely free for those who have paid for the Phase I and II sessions, there is no additional cost to men who are participating in the AMP Phases. More intentionally, these meetings are a critically important part of the AMP curriculum, and thus, men who don’t show up sufficiently well at these CIMs will not formally graduate from Phase I and or Phase II of the curriculum.
These CIMs will take place two weeks after the group has met for a component meeting 1-5 in both of Phase I and II (see schedule of events below for more details). These Zoom-based meetings are 2 hour and 15 minutes in length and will take place on Saturday mornings. They are facilitated by Jeffry and managed technologically by a support person who assists with Zoom process and group break outs.
Content for the CIM Sessions is the following:
- Welcome/greeting, overview of content, sharing of self and one’s chosen pronoun. Details regarding our timeframe.
- Candle lighting*, silence, grounding in the body for 5 minutes and personal intention setting and/or invite each person to make a dedication to whoever or whatever is on their heart.
- Set tone for the group container: intention for safety, for and boundaries, confidentially, expectations / rules, communication preferences, accountability and agreement of such.
- Participant personal check-in time and curriculum questions, etc.
- Sculpted small group break-out integration and processing.
- Large group sharing/integration and processing.
- Closing reflections, accountability and take away thoughts.
- After each member has shared, if time permits, open group time for questions, announcements.
- In the last five minutes of the meeting, each person can check out by stating with a word or short phrase about how he is feeling at that moment.
- End the meeting by blowing out the candle and/or acknowledging the meeting is over.
- Next meeting date reminder.